Construction Worker Jobs In Canada
If you are looking for a job as a Construction worker in Canada, then there are several things that you need to do in order to get construction worker jobs in Canada . The first and foremost thing is to get yourself trained in the field of construction. There are several schools and institutes that offer courses on construction and related subjects. If you have enough time, then you can join one of these courses and get yourself trained. Once you are done with your training, you will be ready to look for a job as a Construction worker in the Canada.
However, if you do not have enough time or if you cannot manage to go through this training course due to some reasons, then there is no need to worry at all because there are many companies who hire people without any formal education or training. They just need to be skilled and good at what they do. So if you think that your skills and experience qualify you for such jobs, then go ahead and apply for them.
Construction Worker Jobs In Canada: Job Description
Mixers, compressors, and pumps are examples of machines and equipment used in construction, and the candidate will be responsible for tending to or feeding them.
The candidate will be expected to clear building sites of rubble and other rubbish utilizing rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows, and other equipment.
Candidates are expected to carry out a wide range of manual labor tasks in order to provide assistance to tradespeople, apprentices, and other personnel as directed.
The candidate will be responsible for mixing, pouring, and spreading a variety of materials, including asphalt and concrete.
The prospective employee will be responsible for loading, unloading, and transporting various types of building materials.
The candidate will be expected to organize and stack the materials that have been rescued.
In order to meet the requirements for fine grade, the candidate will be expected to utilize a rake and shovel to level the ground.
The candidate will be responsible for installing and dismantling concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring, and barricades during the course of the job.
The candidate will be expected to direct traffic at construction sites or in the surrounding area.
Paving and raking asphalt will be the candidate’s responsibilities when they are hired.
At various construction sites, the candidate will be expected to assist with drilling and blasting rock in various capacities.
Using pry bars and several other instruments, the candidate will be expected to assist in the demolition of buildings.
The candidate will be expected to remove asbestos and other potentially dangerous items, as well as clean up any chemical spills or other contamination that may have been present.
On the work site, it is anticipated that the candidate would adhere to all of the safety regulations, and any infractions should be reported straight away to management.
The candidate will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the work site by correctly stowing away items, picking up and putting away all tools and equipment when they are not in use, and ensuring that the work site is adequately protected on a regular basis.
The candidate will be expected to carry out additional tasks at building sites in accordance with the instructions provided.
The prospective employee will be expected to provide cost and material estimates.
- The candidate needs to have excellent command of the English language.
- There are no mandatory educational prerequisites, such as a four-year degree, a certificate, or a high school diploma.
- There is no requirement for previous experience.
- The candidate ought to have a disposition that is both ordered and adaptable.
- The candidate ought to give morals and ethical priority in their campaign.
- The candidate ought to observe proper timekeeping.
- The candidate needs to demonstrate responsibility.
- The candidate ought to have a solid track record.
- The individual ought to have exceptional talents in providing assistance to customers.
- It is expected that the candidate will be able to multitask well while maintaining high standards of quality.
- The candidate ought to be someone who works well in a group and possesses sufficient interpersonal and judging skills.
- The candidate ought to be able to effectively manage their time and should be able to organize their work in a prioritized fashion.
- The individual ought to have excellent organizing skills in addition to the capacity to perform multiple tasks at once.
- The candidate ought to have outstanding abilities in communicating.
- In order for the candidate to complete all of the work in a timely manner that is also effective and efficient, they need to be in good physical and mental health.
- The candidate needs to demonstrate that they are capable of working in a secure and productive manner with minimal oversight.
- The candidate ought to have a buoyant disposition and be full of vitality.
- The candidate ought to have a strong work ethic.
- Candidates are expected to wear safety boots with steel toes at all times.
- The candidate must have the ability to lift weights of up to 23 kilograms (50 lbs).
- Conditions in the Workplace
- The candidate should be willing to work outside in all weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- The candidate will be expected to work in a variety of weather situations, including dry, wet, hot, and cold.
- The candidate cannot have a fear of working at a height and must be able to work at a height without fear.
- The candidate ought to have no problem dealing with potentially hazardous working situations.
- The candidate must be able to maintain full concentration even while working in a workplace with a lot of background noise, as this is the situation in which they will be doing their duties.
- Conditions of Employment and Capabilities of the Body
- The candidate should have the ability to work in an environment that is both fast-paced and hectic.
- The candidate needs to demonstrate that they can operate well under pressure.
- The candidate should be subjected to numerous requirements that involve doing duties that are repetitive.
- The prospective employee must to be ready to take on physically demanding responsibilities as an integral part of their everyday work.
- It should be expected of the candidate that they will routinely be forced to carry hefty loads.
- The candidate ought to have a keen awareness for the particulars.
- The candidate needs to demonstrate that they have strong hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be willing to work in awkward positions for extended periods of time, including bending, crouching, and kneeling.
- The prospective employee should be comfortable working in a standing position for lengthy periods of time.
- The candidate needs to demonstrate manual dexterity in their work.
- The candidate is responsible for completing the assignment within the allotted amount of time.
- Details Regarding the Working Environment
- It is expected that the candidate will be able to work in a variety of settings.
Instructions on How to Apply
Please submit your application using one of the alternatives that have been provided if you are interested in applying.
Employer Name: Armstrong Stucco
Position: Construction worker
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $21.00 hourly for 32 to 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: 3911 21A AVE, Vernon, BC V1T 7P3