Effective Date: August 12, 2021
- Advertisements that you see on our Sites or elsewhere may be tailored to your interests and preferences based on personal information you provide through our Sites. Unless you opt-out, please refer to the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Page, Your Online Choices from European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Ad Choices Opt-Out Page. You may need to opt-out separately for each of your web browser applications or devices. We may still offer you offers on our Sites even if you have opted out based on your browsing history.
- You agree to allow us to collect, use, and share personal information you provide by visiting a Site. If you don’t agree, please stop visiting the Sites and do not provide any personal information.
1. We collect information
Different types of personal information are collected from us, including information you give us directly, usage data about your visits to our sites, and information provided by third parties.
Information provided by you or third parties
When you visit our sites, we collect the information that you give us. This includes:
- Account Information: We need your username, password, email address, telephone number, and phone number to create an account. You may need to give additional information, such as your birth date, gender, age, or any other personal information, for some Sites. You can add additional information to your account, public profile, or profile. This could include a picture of you or information about hobbies, interests, activities, or property (such as a vehicle type). Your username and any other account information are public. It all depends on how your account profile was set up.
- Transactional information: When you buy a product or service via our Site (such as a subscription or classified advertisement), we may collect your name and contact information. Third-party payment processors (e.g., Stripe and Braintree) process payments. Please refer to the privacy policies of the relevant processors for details about how payment information is stored and processed.
- Third-Party Networks. Suppose you create an account through a third-party network (including a Facebook account) or interact with third-party networks through our Site (such as a plug-in). In that case, you will be provided with personal information by the third-party network. This includes your username, email address, and gender. We also receive any information you have consented to share with us. For more information on these third-party networks’ privacy policies, you should consult them.
- You can submit content: Our Site might offer public forums and communication platforms that enable you to communicate with others, post information, photos, videos, voice your opinion on surveys or submit ratings or reviews (collectively your “Content”). Your public profile will include your Content. Your Content and your public profile are public, unencrypted, and non-confidential. Anyone, even advertisers, can read it. The information you submit in these public areas is not our responsibility. When you decide to share personal information on our Site’s public areas, you must exercise caution. Any sensitive personal information that can be directly or indirectly traced back to you, such as yourself, is strongly discouraged.
- Other information: If required or permitted by law, we may collect your personal information. We also have the right to request any additional information. We may also collect information when you complete a form, fill out a poll, contest, or promotion, apply to a job, ask for customer support, or communicate with us in any other way.
Information we automatically collect.
We may automatically collect information when you access or use our Sites. This includes:
- Geographic Location: If the Site you’re using has location-enabled functionality and your device transmits your IP address and location data, we collect this information. This allows us to send you location-specific information.
- Usage Data: When you visit and use our Sites, we may collect information. These may include your IP address and user-agent string. They also can log information about your device (e.g., device IDs), pages visited, clicked links, requested URLs, hardware settings, and search terms. See Cookies, tracking technologies, and interest-based advertising below.
- Information collected using cookies and similar technologies: Third-party advertising partners, service providers, and we also automatically collect information about Site users using cookies or other tracking technologies. See Cookies, tracking technologies, and interest-based advertising below.
2. 2. How do we use the information that we have collected?
We use your information to manage, operate and maintain our business and provide our products and services.
- To administer and manage the Site and provide services such as creating and managing accounts, facilitating communication platforms and forums.
- To enable geographical-specific features, such as information that is specific to a particular place;
- To provide the requested product, service, feature, or information and complete your transactions, including payments.
- To send you administrative messages, security alerts, technical notices, legal notices, and updates;
- Automotorr allows you to personalize your user experience, personalize our services and provide content that interests you. This includes tailoring advertisements displayed to you to make them more relevant and useful.
- To conduct research and develop, analyze and understand user behavior and improve our Sites, products, and services.
- To provide technical and customer support;
- To protect Automotorr’s safety and that of our users, we block spammers and address abuse to ensure compliance with our Terms of Usage and other policies.
- We will send you information, newsletters, and promotional offers about our advertising partners and us.
- To facilitate your participation at a contest, similar promotion, survey, or poll;
- To meet contractual obligations
- Facilitate corporate transactions
- To exercise our rights, defend legal claims, and comply with the law and legal process;
- Other purposes only with your permission or as required or permitted by law
3. Tracking technologies, cookies, and interest-based advertising
Our service providers and our third-party advertising partners use technology that automatically collects information about Site visitors and their visits, as well as the following:
Information about how you navigate, access, and leave our Site automatically includes the URL you visited before you reached it, the browser type and operating system that you used, the internet protocol address from which you are accessing our Site, your mobile device ID (or Advertising ID) if you visit our Site using a mobile device, the pages you navigate through, the date and hour of your visit, the length of your stay on our Site and certain pages, as well as the webpage you went to after you left our Site.
This information can be used to determine the number of visitors to our Site and certain areas, measure how long they stay on our Site, respond to advertising, personalize our ads, and track how many people visit our Site. This information may be shared with our partners who referred you to our Site and with advertising partners.
They may use it to optimize traffic to us, anddeliver targeted ads to you on other websites, and improve the quality of the traffic we send.
Our service providers and third-party advertising partners collect information about site visitors through cookies and other tracking technologies (including pixels, browser cookies, and Adobe Flash). These technologies are used to store your preferences and make it easier for you to navigate our Site.
Our service providers and third-party advertising partners use these technologies to track your activities on our site and other websites. This includes the pages and ads you clicked on, items purchased, and search terms used.
To serve you with targeted advertising on our websites and other websites, we may share a unique identifier (such as an encrypted or hashed version of your Telephone number or email address). You can opt out of network advertising programs that track your activity across multiple websites to deliver personalized advertising content. For more information, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Page or Your Online Choices from the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
Most browsers allow you to choose not to accept cookies. You can change your browser settings to be notified when you receive cookies. To prevent automatic downloading of images that could contain technologies that allow us to see if you have accessed our email and performed certain functions, you can set your email options. See Your Choices below for information about your choices about how we use and share your information.
Google Analytics is used to understand how visitors use our Site. We also use certain Google Analytics Display Advertising features for online advertising, selling advertising, and content development. You can choose to opt-out of Google Analytics, including your usage data in reports.
Also, you can customize Google Display Network ads. Visit Google’s Ad Settings or the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser Add-on. Please visit How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or appsto describef how Google uses information sent by our browser and how you can control the information sent to Google.
Modern web browsers allow you to choose to send a “do-not track” signal to websites that you visit. This signals to tell them that you don’t want to be tracked. There is currently no standard on how websites should respond to this signal.
We do not take any actions in response. Third-party partners such as web analytics companies or third-party ad networks collect information about your online activities over time, across sites, and on other websites. These third parties are not required to respect “do-not track” settings and may not alter their tracking practices.
4. What we do with your data
In the following situations, we may share your information.
We share information with our third-party advertising partners as described in the Cookies, tracking technologies, and interest-based advertising section above.
Service providers, including affiliates, may be used by us to provide services for us or our behalf. Our service providers can host our Site, analyze data from it, provide customer support on our behalf, manage our promotions, facilitate and pay transactions and payments, distribute emails, and collect feedback. Your personal information is shared with our service providers only to provide services to both you and us. They are not allowed to use your data for any other purpose. Some of our service providers are located in countries other than Canada, such as the United States. Your personal information may be located outside Canada. However, they will still be subject to the legal requirements of our service providers. These include lawful requirements for disclosure to certain Government authorities or national security agencies. For EU residents, see Users from the European Union section below.
Aggregate information or de-identified information
Your data may be used to compile aggregate statistics or de-identified data. This information may be used, shared, and sold for any purpose.
With your consent, we may share your data with third parties. We may share your third parties if you give us your contact information (e-mail address) to sign up for information, newsletters, or contests from a 3rd party or receive business offers or quotes from a 3rd party. Your personal information will become subject to the privacy policies of any third party once it is shared.
We may share your personal information with third parties in connection with the financing, mergers, sales, assignments, or other dispositions of Automotorr, our assets, or business. These third parties could use your information to evaluate and complete the transaction and then successor to our interests.
If required or permitted by law, we may also disclose personal information. We may also disclose personal information to collect debts owed to us, comply with subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or other legal processes, and if requested by an investigatory organization, law enforcement official, or governmental authority that has the lawful authority to request disclosure.
5. How to store and protect your personal information
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Although we have taken precautions to protect the information that we collect, we cannot guarantee its security. You must take precautions to protect your personal information. We recommend that you choose a strong password, keep it private, log out of your user account, close your browser after you’ve finished visiting a Site from a shared or unsecured device.
Personal information is stored on servers owned by our service providers or us. Password protection is available for certain accounts that you create on our Sites. You are responsible for protecting your password and for all activity using your account credentials. We must be notified if you suspect that your password, account, or other security breach has been accessed in an unauthorized manner. We use SSL encryption to protect data transmissions in certain areas of our Sites. We have a policy of restricting access to sensitive personal data to employees, representatives, and service providers that require it in connection to their job or service responsibilities.
Our Site may provide links or direct you to third-party websites, services, or content. These third-party websites and services are not under our control. We do not have any responsibility for the privacy practices on these third-party websites and services. We recommend you review the privacy policies for any third-party website or service you use.
We do not direct our Sites to children, and we don’t knowingly request or collect personal data from them – anyone under 13 years old or any other age as required by law – without parental consent. We will remove any personal information that we unknowingly have about a child from our records if we learn of it. If that is not possible, we will make every effort to de-identify the information.
8. 8.Accessing and correcting personal information
Keep your personal information current and accurate. You can access certain information within your account, public profile, or account by logging into your account and making necessary edits.
Contact us below to request access or correction of personal information we have in our possession or control. Before granting you access to or correcting your personal information, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity. We may not be in a position to provide the personal information requested. Some information may be subject to solicitor-client privilege, or contain personal information that cannot be separated.
Automotorr acts as the data controller in the processing of personal data according to the General Data Protection Regulation (“Personal Data“. Automotorr is a member of the IAB Europe Transparency & Consent Framework.TCF(“”) and adheres to its Policies and Specifications. Automotorr utilizes the Consent Management Platform, identification number CMPID 10.
Your personal data will be kept for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes stated above. This includes consideration of legal requirements, applicable statutes of limitations, and duration of your use and receipt of our services.
Legal Basis for Data Processing
You may need to give us Personal Data in certain instances. This is so that we can provide all our services and allow you to use all features on our website.
You should let us know if you become aware of any changes or inaccuracies. We will update or correct our records. If you believe that the processing of your Personal Data violates applicable law, you can file a complaint to a supervisory authority in your EU Member State of habitual residence.
10. California Privacy Rights
Different types of personal information
In the 12 months preceding, we have received the following types of personal data:
- IdentifiersName, email address, address, and account name.
- The California Customer Records statute lists the categories of personal information that are protected.(Cal. Civ. Civ.
- California law or federal law protects protected classification characteristicsThese include age (40+), race, sex and marital status.
- Information for commercial purposesThis includes records of personal property, products and services bought, received or considered, as well as other buying or consuming history or tendencies.
- Internet and other electronic network activityInformation about a user’s interactions with websites, applications, or advertisements, such as browsing history and search history.
- Geolocation data.
- Information for professionals or those working in employment.
- To create a profile that reflects the preferences, behavior and characteristics of the consumer, inferences are drawn from other information.
Sources in different categories
We may collect personal information directly about you or indirectly from you (e.g., by observing your actions while on the Sites) and from other sources (e.g., information from advertising networks, internet service providers, analytics providers, and operating systems and platforms), data brokers, commercially accessible sources, our affiliates, and other business partners.
For business and commercial purposes
The categories of personal data listed above are used and disclosed for commercial or business purposes. These purposes are to manage, operate and maintain our business, provide our products and services, and achieve our business objectives and purposes. We use personal information to offer the services you have requested on our Sites. This includes creating and managing accounts, facilitating the use of communication platforms and forums, responding to your communications, fulfilling your transactions, providing content relevant to your interests (including contextual ads or targeted ads), conducting research, analytics, data analysis, maintaining our infrastructure, and ensuring quality control.
Categories of Third Parties
We have shared the following categories of personal data for business purposes over the past 12 months with service providers, business partners, and affiliates that assist us in operating our business or providing our services. These third parties include advertising networks, social media platforms, and internet service providers. Analytics providers, operating system and platform providers, and content providers.
“Sales” Personal Information
According to the CCPA, “sale” can be defined broadly as allowing third parties to access certain data such as IP addresses or cookie information to target advertising on our Services and other apps.
This means that we sold and may sell the following categories personal information in the next 12 months. We will respect your opt-out rights as described below. Advertising, including targeted ads, allows us to offer you certain content free of charge and to deliver content and ads that you are interested in.
We don’t know if we sell personal information of minors younger than 16 years.
Rights of access and data portability
You have the right, subject to some exceptions under the CCPA to ask that we provide the following information:
The categories of personal data you have provided;
The sources from which personal data is collected
The purpose of collecting and sharing personal data;
The categories of third parties with whom we share personal data for business purposes;
The categories of personal data we “sold” and, where applicable, the third party to whom we sold it;
The specific pieces of information that we have about you.
Right to Deletion
Subject to some exceptions, you have the right to ask us to delete any personal information about you. We will remove the requested personal data from our records once we have received and confirmed your verifiable request.
You can exercise your access, data portability, and deletion rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at f5******[email protected]***e.com
If we cannot verify your identity and authority or confirm that the personal information is yours, we will not respond to your request. A verifiable consumer request can only be made twice in a 12-month time frame for data access or portability. To verify your identity and to complete the process, we will need access to your email account. We will respond to your request if you provide enough detail to understand and evaluate it fully.
Opt-out Rights for Personal Information Sales
You have the right to refuse future “sale,” subject to certain exceptions in the CCPA. You can submit a request by clicking the “Do not sell my data” link on the Site’s homepage. You must set your browser to accept cookies. You must request the Site separately from every device or browser that you use to access it. The opt-out on a browser or device with a cookie history will not work if you delete it. You will need to submit a new request for the browser or device.
You can opt out of future “sale” of your data by clicking the “Do not Sell My Data” button. However, you may not see ads as relevant or as useful.
Including a copy of the written legal authorization signed by the consumer for the agent to act on the consumer’s behalf in this manner.
Right to Non-Discrimination
We have the right not to discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.
11. Choose from a variety of options
You can opt-out of receiving promotional communication from us at any point by following the instructions in each communication and selecting your communication preferences within your account or profile. It may take us several days to process your opt-out request. We may still contact customers regarding their accounts, activities, and communications.
You might be able to restrict the information we receive from your device or third parties (such as social media networks) by changing your device settings and browser settings or privacy settings.
Your consent may be withdrawn to us collecting, using, or disclosing your personal information. However, you must comply with contractual or legal restrictions. We may not be allowed to offer you certain products or services if you withdraw consent to certain uses, collections, or disclosures of personal information.